Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Utmost - Sept 30, 2009

Go here first...
http://www.myutmost.org/09/0930.html

The Commission Of The Call

Colossians 1:24
Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for His body's sake.”

Key Passages

  • We make calls out of our own spiritual consecration, but when we get right with God He brushes all these aside, and rivets us with a pain that is terrific to one thing we never dreamed of, and for one radiant moment we see what He is after, and we say - “Here am I, send me.”

  • This call has nothing to do with personal sanctification, but with being made broken bread and poured out wine.

  • If ever we are going to be made into wine, we will have to be crushed; you can not drink grapes.

  • I wonder what kind of finger and thumb God has been using to squeeze you, and you have been like a marble and escaped?

My Own Thoughts

A lot of this one is over my head. Sometimes old Os rights a little too thick for my pea brain to comprehend. But I at least got a few things from it, and the main question I have is exactly that last key point. What area is God working on in my life that I have proven elusive to being crushed in? Where am I not allowing God to work in my life and to change me for His use?

God show me where I am not allowing you to work. Break through my sometimes thick skull Lord and show me where I am not allowing you in. Make me into broken bread and poured out wine for your kingdom Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment