Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Utmost - Sept 23, 2009

Go here first...
http://www.myutmost.org/09/0923.html

The Missionary's Goal

Luke 18:31
Behold, we go up to Jerusalem.”

Key Passages

  • The aim of the missionary is to do God's will, not to be useful, not to win the heathen; he is useful and he does win the heathen, but that is not his aim. His aim is to do the will of his Lord.

  • Neither gratitude nor ingratitude turned our Lord one hair's breadth away from His purpose to go up to Jerusalem.

  • The disciple is not above his Master.” The same things will happen to us on our way to our Jerusalem.

  • There will be the works of God manifested through us, people will get blessed, and one or two will show gratitude and the rest will show gross ingratitude, but nothing must deflect us from going up to our Jerusalem.

My Own Thoughts

Not a lot to go on tonight because I am pretty tired. Real quick though... a major weakness of mine is the need to have approval and gratitude from people. I struggle with this one all the time and it leads to a lot of my frustration and stress in life. I have a need to know that I am filling some gap somewhere and that I am worth something to someone. What a huge weight off the shoulders though once I get it through my head that I don't have to win approval from anyone. I already have it from the only One that it matters to have it from anyway. I don't have to worry about getting people saved, or living a right life, or being useful. I am all these things already. I need only to do the will of the God.

God show me your will today that I might accomplish it. Whether I am aware that I am accomplishing it or not. Use me in whatever way you see fit Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment