Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Utmost - Sept 29, 2009

Go here first...
http://www.myutmost.org/09/0929.html

The Consciousness Of The Call

1 Corinthians 9:16
For necessity is laid upon me: yea, woe is unto me if I preach not the gospel!”

Key Passages

  • We are apt to forget the mystical, supernatural touch of God.

  • The realization of it (the Call Of God) in a man's life may come with a sudden thunder-clap or with a gradual dawning, but in whatever way it comes, it comes with the undercurrent of the supernatural, something that cannot be put into words

  • At any moment there may break the sudden consciousness of this incalculable, supernatural, surprising call that has taken hold of your life - “I have chosen you.”

  • If you have been obliterating the great supernatural call of God in your life, take a review of your circumstances and see where God has not been first, …

  • If you agree with God's purpose He will bring not only your conscious life, but all the deeper regions of your life which you cannot get at, into harmony.

My Own Thoughts

If you agree with God's purpose He will bring not only your conscious life, but all the deeper regions of your life which you cannot get at, into harmony.”

Dear Father in Heaven, I agree with your purposes. I have heard your voice and feel your call on my life. It is exactly as said here... a supernatural tugging on my heart that I can't deny. I do feel like I've been chosen by you. I want so badly to feel like all things have been pulled into harmony in my life. I know I am covering over your supernatural call at times by putting my own desires first. God, forgive me for putting myself and my desires before you and yours, and send your Spirit to fill me and pry my hands open so that I am not grasping for whatever it is I think I have gotten on my own. Let me hear your voice once again Father. Speak once again to me, to my heart, for its open wide. I am here to hear your beautiful voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment