Monday, September 28, 2009

My Utmost - Sept 28, 2009

Go here first...
http://www.myutmost.org/09/0928.html

The “Go” Of Unconditional Identification

Mark 10:21
One thing thou lackest... come, take up the cross and follow me.”

Key Passages

  • He puts absolute annihilation of my right to myself and identification with Himself – a relationship with Himself in which there is no other relationship.

  • The look of Jesus will mean a heart broken forever from allegiance to any other person or thing.

  • Where you are “soft” with God is where the Lord has looked at you.

  • The only “good thing” from Jesus Christ's point of view is union with Himself and nothing in between.

  • I must reduce myself until I am a mere conscious man, I must fundamentally renounce possessions of all kids, not to save my soul (only one thing saves a man – absolute reliance upon Jesus Christ) – but in order to follow Jesus.

My Own Thoughts

Renouncing possessions is no easy task. I like all the cool stuff I have. Guitars, computers, vehicles, our house.... all my toys. I often question myself if I could easily let go of all the stuff I have if I had to, to follow Jesus. I mean I am following him now, but I question myself on where He ranks somedays. And this doesn't just relate to physical possessions. It relates to immaterial stuff like my self image, the image I portray to others. Do I care more about the reflection of Christ I am being to those around me, than I care about my self image or reputation, or my toys? It's a question I think that needs asking each and every day, and every hour of each day. I think we have to constantly realign our interest and desires so that Christ is constantly at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment