Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Utmost - Sept 27, 2009

Go here first...
http://www.myutmost.org/09/0927.html

The “Go” Of Renunciation

Luke 9:57
Lord, I will follow Thee whithersoever Thou goest.”

Key Passages

  • Never apologize for your Lord. The words of the Lord hurt and offend until there is nothing left to hurt or offend.

  • Jesus Christ has not tenderness whatever toward anything that is ultimately going to ruin a man in the service of God.

  • Our Lord's answers are based not on caprice, but on a knowledge of what is in man.

  • In a conflict of loyalty, obey Christ at all costs.

  • When once the call of God comes, begin to go and never stop going.

My Own Thoughts

Not sure what to think about this section. The one question that came to mind while reading... what would Jesus hurt in me to thus make me the person he wants me to be? What is ruining me in his service that he would rip out of me? He knows all that is in me so how would I escape his painful words were he to meet me at the well and ask for something to drink? Would I walk away hurt that he confronted me on my wrongs and never want to see him again, or would I run to the nearest town and tell everyone of the amazing man at the well who just confronted me on every wrong thing I had ever done and straighten my life out to follow him?

I like to think I'd make the choice to follow. I don't think I could make any other choice once confronted by the painful, yet healing words of Christ. Sure they hurt, but you come out on the other side healed. It hurts to set a broken bone back in place, but in the end once healed it comes out stronger than before ( or so I hear ).

Dear Lord, what word would you give me today that would hurt / heal me? Speak into me Lord and destroy anything in me which may cause disloyalty to you. Open my ears to hear you call.

No comments:

Post a Comment