Saturday, September 26, 2009

My Utmost - Sept 26, 2009

Go here first...
http://www.myutmost.org/09/0926.html

The Unblameable Attitude

Matthew 5:23
If... thou rememberest that thy brother has ought against thee....”

Key Passages

  • Never object to the intense sensitiveness of the Spirit of God in you when He is educating you down to the scruple.

  • The stamp of the saint is that he can waive his own rights and obey the Lord Jesus.

  • The process is clearly marked. First, the heroic spirit of self-sacrifice, then the sudden checking by the sensitiveness of the Holy Spirit, and the stoppage at the point of conviction, then the way of obedience to the word of God, constructing an unblameable attitude of mind and temper to the one with whom you have been in the wrong; then the glad, simple, unhindered offering of your gift to God.

My Own Thoughts

I've been reading a lot about the Holy Spirit lately, and hearing a lot about it, and feeling like His presence is becoming more real to me. It's been awesome... and its also been exhausting. It seems to be a continuous and constant fight to give up my will and normal way of doing things in exchange for doing things the way of the Holy Spirit and allowing Him to have complete control. He (the Spirit) is always present. An idea that needs to be pounded through my head.

I say this because it's His sensitiveness that I feel impeding in on my natural life as of late. I welcome it because it proves His existence to me. The fact that He is making Himself more present to me is comforting. I am working on the waiving of all my rights to myself and allowing the Spirit complete control. I believe it is work. It is work to train your self to think a certain way. To make yourself not react to certain circumstances in the same exact way you always have, but to take the minute and to give the situation over the Holy Spirit that He may work through you to accomplish what would be the will of God in this particular situation.

Dear Father, continue your pursuit of me. I desire to disappear. I desire that you would become apparent through my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment