Friday, November 27, 2009

My Utmost - November 27, 2009

http://www.myutmost.org/11/1127.html

It Is Finished

Galations 6:14
By whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.”

Key Passages

  • If I brood on the Cross of Christ, I do not become a subjective pietist, interested in my own whiteness; I become dominantly concentrated on Jesus Christ's interests.

  • Our Lord was not a recluse nor an ascetic, He did not cut himself off from society, but he was inwardly disconnected all the time.

  • He was not aloof, but he lived in another world.

  • He was so much in the ordinary world that the religious people of his day called him a glutton and a wine-bibber.

  • Our Lord never allowed anything to interfere with His consecration of spiritual energy.

  • We must never allow anything to interfere with the consecration of our spiritual energy.

  • Consecration is our part, sanctification is God's part; and we have deliberately to determine to be interested only in that in which God is interested.

My Own Thoughts

Dear Heavenly Father, I want to be consumed by that which concerned you. The things that you cared about, I want to care about Lord. I pray in your Son Jesus Christ's name that you would consume me with these matters. I pray Lord that you would use me in this world to accomplish your will, but I pray that you would keep me from allowing the world to consume me with its desires. Give me the desire to follow you only Lord, and not myself. Give me eyes to see the world the way you see it. While you have me in this world, keep me in it, but not of the world. Show me how to reach an unbelieving and hurting world around me, all the while, not getting caught up in it, but longing desperately for my true home. Be with me Lord, and convict me when something comes between you and I. Keep my focus right, and locked on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment