Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Utmost - November 17, 2009

http://www.myutmost.org/11/1117.html

The Eternal Goal

Genesis 22:16-17
By Myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, that in blessing I will bless thee...”

Key Passages

  • Abraham has reached the place where he is in touch with the very nature of God.

  • My goal is God Himself. At any cost, dear Lord, by any road.”

  • At any cost, by any road” means nothing self-chosen in the way God brings us to the goal.

  • When Jesus says “Come” I simply come; when He says “Let go” I let go; when He says “Trust in God in this matter” I do trust. The whole working out is the evidence that the nature of God is in me.

  • By the discipline of obedience I get to the place where Abraham was and I see Who God is.

  • I never have a real God until I have come face to face with Him in Jesus Christ, then I know that “in all the world, my God, there is none but thee.”

My Own Thoughts

Dear Heavenly Father make that my desire today... that “my goal is God Himself. At any cost, dear Lord, by any road.” I want to know you for who you are, not who I have made you out to be by my own feeble understanding. As I tell my kids all the time... “when I say to do something, just do it”, and I tell them this because I want them to do what I say not out of fear, but out of obedience and love for me. It takes discipline to be obedient, and to raise kids to be be obedient it takes discipline. God give me the desire to be obedient to you at all times that I might see who you are, and truly know you. I want to come face to face with you Lord and know that there is none but thee. None other to pursue but you Lord...

No comments:

Post a Comment