Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Utmost - Oct 16, 2009

Go here first...
http://www.myutmost.org/10/1016.html

The Key To The Master's Orders

Matthew 9:38
Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that He will send forth labourers into His harvest.”

Key Passages

  • The key to the missionary problem is not the key of common sense, nor the medical key, nor the key of civilization or education or even evangelization. The key is prayer.

  • Naturally prayer is not practical, it is absurd; we have to realize that prayer is stupid from the ordinary common-sense point of view.

  • We are taken up with active work while people all around are ripe to harvest, and we do not reap one of them, but waste our Lord's time in over-energized activities.

  • Our Lord calls to no special work: He calls to Himself. “Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest,” and He will engineer circumstances and thrust you out.

My Own Thoughts

Dear Father, I'd only pray tonight that you'd call on my heart and bring me into a right relationship with you. Take away all my thoughts of some grandiose vision that I could be part of and give me the vision of simply living my life for you wherever I am at, and whenever I am there. I don't believe the vision to be bad or wrong, but help me not to place all my hope on some future maybe while I let the current opportunities to share you slip through my fingers. Help me to live the missionary life for you now Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment