Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Utmost - Oct 13, 2009

Go here first...
http://www.myutmost.org/10/1013.html

Individual Discouragement And Personal Enlargement

Exodus 2:11
Moses went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens.”

Key Passages

  • In the beginning Moses realized that he was the man to deliver the people, but he had to be trained and disciplined by God first. He was right in the individual aspect, but he was not the man for the work until he had learned communion with God.

  • We may have the vision of God and a very clear understanding of what God wants, and we start to do the thing, then comes something equivalent to the forty years in the wilderness, as if God had ignored the whole thing, and when we are roughly discouraged God comes back and revives the call, and we get the quiver in and say - “Oh, who am I?”

  • We have to learn that our individual effort for God is an impertinence; our individuality is to be rendered incandescent by a personal relationship to God.

  • If you are going through a time of discouragement, there is a big personal enlargement ahead.

My Own Thoughts

Dear Father, you know me better than I know myself, and definitely better than I give you credit for. You know what makes me tick. You know what brings me up, and what takes me down. You know the vision I have had because you have given it to me. You also knew I would try to make it happen myself, and ever since I started trying I've been nothing but discouraged. And so I give myself to you Lord, I render my will to be yours and I wait as the silence is tearing me apart and making me into what you want me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment