Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Utmost - Oct 15, 2009

Go here first...
http://www.myutmost.org/10/1015.html

The Key To The Missionary Message

1 John 2:2
And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”

Key Passages

  • The Lamb of God which taketh away the since of the world!” - that is limitless.

  • The missionary message is the limitless significance of Jesus Christ as the propitiation for our sins, and a missionary is one who is soaked in that revelation.

  • The missionary message is not patriotic, it is irrespective of nations and of individuals, it is for the whole world.

  • When the Holy Ghost comes in He does not consider my predilections, He brings me into union with the Lord Jesus.

  • A missionary is one who is wedded to the charter of his Lord and Master, he has not to proclaim his own point of view, but to proclaim the Lamb of God.

My Own Thoughts

I want to be soaked in the revelation that is Jesus as the payment for my sins. I want to know my sins. I want to know just exactly what it is that I am saved from, and I want it before my eyes at all times. Honestly I struggle sometimes to see my sinfulness. There are other times that it is at the forefront begging my attention, but sometimes it slips from my conscience and I forget my great need for Savior. I want to be a missionary soaked in the revelation of Jesus Christ giving His life as the great payment for my sins, and I want that message to seep from every pore in my body. I am tired of myself really. I can't do anything right. Even when I am doing things right I quickly realize and forget my need and get prideful. When will I ever not need God? There is no time when that statement will be true. I will always have great need.

No comments:

Post a Comment